Prepare yourself for a career in sustainability by participating in the Indiana Sustainability Development Program (ISDP) as an Indiana Climate Fellow. Learn more about the program by clicking the link below. Applications for the summer 2021 cohort will open in January 2021.
Sustainability professional development and experience
Join a network of sustainability professionals
Connect with other sustainability professionals in Indiana on our LinkedIn group.
- Climate-competent: ISDP fellows receive Indiana-specific climate change training on communicating and understanding the local impacts of climate change.
- Sustainability experts: ISDP fellows receive baseline knowledge and training on how to apply their academic knowledge in a professional work environment.
- Data analysis and management: ISDP fellows are trained in best practices for basic data management and analysis, a growing skill and need in the sustainability field.
I cannot thank the ISDP [fellowship] program enough. Real-world sustainability experience and networking were only the beginning. A community that fostered forward thinking and new ideas was born, and I'm so proud to be a part of it.David Cullmer, fellow with the City of Indianapolis
Real professional experience in sustainability
- Current IU student (all IU campuses) with at least one semester remaining
- Attend the 3-day Sustainability Boot Camp (May 2021)
- Available to work full-time for 10- 12 weeks between May and August 2021
- Passion and interest to work in Indiana in the sustainability field after graduation.
- Get paid: $4,800 for undergraduates; $6,000 for graduate students
- Gain hands-on, real-world sustainability experience working with an Indiana organization
- Access to a network of sustainability peers across the state
- Option to earn internship credit through SPEA (up to 4 credit hours)