The Summer 2018 program will run from May 21, 2018 to August 10, 2018. Interns are expected to work 10-15 hours/week and will be compensated for their time at a rate of $15/hr for graduate students and $12/hr for undergraduate students.
- Applicants must be full-time students at Indiana University Bloomington.
- Current students graduating before the program begins are not eligible.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Graduate and undergraduate students in all schools are eligible to apply.
Is an Internship Right for You?
IUOS interns are high achieving and actively involved students who hail from all academic departments. And while it is this diversity that strengthens our program, there are a couple of traits that are common among our interns:
- Passion: students in our program are passionate about making our campus a more socially, economically and environmentally equitable place. They demonstrate this passion through their choices in course work, previous employment, extracurricular involvement and career goals.
- Independence: many of the internships require students to work well independently and make their own hours. They are self-motivated and self-directed.
- Critical thinking: all of our interns demonstrate the ability to think critically through complex problems and reach well-reasoned and comprehensive solutions.
- Perseverance: sustainability-related projects are attempts to address complex problems, and interns often run into obstacles along the way. Our most successful interns work tirelessly to approach each barrier in new and creative ways.
- Respect and inclusivity: the internship program depends on respectful collaboration. Our students make a commitment to working well with each other and making sure that work is relevant to diverse students, faculty, staff and community members.
Steps for Applying
- Read through the internship offerings and determine which positions might be a good fit for you. One letter of recommendation is required.
- Download the Summer 2018 Internship Application.pdf and enter your information.
- Determine who will be your recommender and request permission to use him/her as a reference. They will submit their recommendation by email to email@example.com no later than Sunday, February 18, 2018.
- Name and save the application as “Last Name-Internship Application SU 18.
- You must return the completed application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm on Sunday, February 18, 2018.